Membership in the Mills-Peninsula Auxiliary (Volunteer Program) is open to anyone age 18 and older. There is also a special program for high school students. No special skills are required. If you have a special area of interest, we’ll work with you to create a meaningful assignment.
Your commitment is up to you, although we ask for at least four hours per week. A convenient schedule can be arranged to fit your needs and lifestyle.
What are the minimum requirements for volunteering?
How can I become a volunteer?
What are the benefits of volunteering?
What opportunities are available?
When are volunteers needed?
How can I sign up or get more information?
Are there special requirements for student volunteers?
Ways to Serve
- Greet, direct and provide information to patients, families and visitors
- Support nursing and administrative staff as needed, such as clerical and administrative support
- Supply treatment rooms
- Keep waiting families informed
- Transport patients (e.g., provide pick-up/delivery services)
- Assist patients during discharge
- Visit patients, inquire about needs, concerns
- Act as cashier, perform store room work
Benefits for Auxiliary Members
As important members of Mills-Peninsula’s health care team, Auxiliary members share many benefits:
- Hospital bill discount (on any balance not covered by insurance)
- Fitness Center and therapy pool access
- Gift shop, community education, and other discounts
- Free notary public service
- Free annual flu shots
- Auxilian appreciation events
- Private hospital room
- Annual Tuberculosis test
- Onsite credit union access
Contact us if you have questions at 650-696-2465.
For a list of volunteer positions see our directory: Volunteer Opportunities
Adult Volunteer Application: Apply to become a volunteer at Mills-Peninsula
FAQs about Volunteering
Retired & Senior Volunteer Program
Foster Grandparent & Senior Companion Program
Mills-Peninsula Medical Center, 5th floor
1501 Trousdale Drive
Burlingame, CA 94010
Mills Health Center
100 S. San Mateo Drive
San Mateo, CA 94401