Pre-Registration for Surgery - Mills-Peninsula
What Is Pre-Registration?
Pre-registration is a two-step process that you must complete before having surgery, a test or procedure at Mills-Peninsula.
If you do not speak English, speak limited English or are hearing impaired, please tell your doctor’s office to notify us so that an interpreter can be scheduled.
Step 1: Pre-Registration
You will be contacted by the Admitting Department for an appointment with a registered nurse. That appointment will be by phone or in person.
If you have not been contacted within five days of your scheduled procedure please call:
- Mills-Peninsula Admitting Department: 650-696-5373
- Mills Surgery Center: 650-696-4417
Step 2: Health History
All patients are required to complete Step 2.
A nurse will review your health history with you, explain what testing is necessary before your surgery/procedure and answer your questions.
Based on your health status, the nurse may ask you to complete any required testing before your surgery, test or procedure.
All forms are Acrobat files - download the latest version of Adobe Reader if you don't have it.
Before your pre-admission appointment, please fax the following forms to our secure fax line:
- Completed anesthesia pre-operative evaluation form
- A list of medications that you are currently taking. Include all over the counter or herbal supplements. Print and complete the Medication Reconciliation Form.
- Any outside lab, EKG, X-rays results, cardiology reports (find our laboratory locations)
- Completed Advance Health Care Directive
Fax completed forms to our secure fax lines:
- Mills-Peninsula Medical Center (Burlingame): (650) 696-5753
- Mills-Peninsula Health Center (San Mateo): (650) 696-4373
Your insurance information and photo ID