Pre-Registration for Surgery - Mills-Peninsula
What Is Pre-Registration?
Pre-registration is a two-step process that you must complete before having surgery, a test or procedure at Mills-Peninsula.
If you do not speak English, speak limited English or are hearing impaired, please tell your doctor’s office to notify us so that an interpreter can be scheduled.
Step 1: Pre-Registration
You will be contacted by the Admitting Department for an appointment with a registered nurse. That appointment will be by phone or in person.
If you have not been contacted within five days of your scheduled procedure please call:
- Peninsula Admitting Department: 650-696-5373
- Mills Surgery Center: 650-696-4417
Back to top
Step 2: Health History
All patients are required to complete Step 2.
A nurse will review your health history with you, explain what testing is necessary before your surgery/procedure and answer your questions.
Based on your health status, the nurse may ask you to complete any required testing before your surgery, test or procedure.
At the time of your pre-admission appointment please have available:
- Any outside lab, EKG, X-rays results, cardiology reports (find our laboratory locations) (link)
- Your insurance information and photo ID
- Completed anesthesia pre-operative evaluation form (link)
- A list of medications that you are currently taking. Include all over the counter or herbal supplements. Print and complete the Medication Reconciliation Form. (link) Completed Advance Health Care Directive (link)
- Guardians/conservators: Guardians of a child under the age of 18 or conservators acting as the legal representative of an adult patient who is unable to consent on his/her own behalf must bring documentation that establishes them as the person authorized to make health care decisions for the patient.
Back to top