Wise and Well Heart Smart Program 2014
The new Wise and Well Heart Smart program, starting in January 2014, will focus on decreasing the number one risk factor for heart attack and stroke: high blood pressure.
Half of U.S. adults 65 and older have high blood pressure, but you can do something about it. Getting your weight within a healthy range is one of the most effective ways to manage high blood pressure.
The Wise and Well Heart Smart program can help.
- Blood pressure
- Body mass index (BMI) = height and weight measurement
- One-on-one counseling with a nurse
Dates & Locations: 9:30 – 11:30 A.M. (All Sites)
East Palo Alto Senior Center
560 Bell Street, East Palo Alto
Lincoln Park Community Center
901 Brunswick Avenue, Daly City
Menlo Park Senior Center
100 Terminal Avenue, Menlo Park
Martin Luther King
725 Monte Diablo Ave, San Mateo
535 Kelly Avenue, Half Moon Bay
(new location coming 2014)
San Bruno Senior Center
1555 Crystal Springs Road,
- Managing risk factors for blood pressure
- Heart-healthy nutrition
Positive Pulse Passport (PPP) program:
- Earn PPP points and rewards based on participation level in the Wise and Well Heart Smart program
Annual Wellness Advantage Screenings:
- Appointments awarded to active Wise and Well Heart Smart Program participants
- Minimum number of PPP points required to participate
More information about the Wise and Well Heart Smart program will be coming in January 2014.
Questions? Call (650) 696-3660
Funded by San Mateo County Aging and Adult Services and Mills-Peninsula Health Services.