Mills-Peninsula Auxiliary/Foundation Financial Aid Scholarship Program (2016-17)
The MPHS Auxiliary Scholarship Program offers financial aid to students enrolled in a health care career or health care support program. Scholarships range from $1,000 to $5,000. The number of scholarships awarded depends on the pool of applicants and the funds available to the scholarship committee. Scholarship awards are based on financial need, scholastic achievement and career potential.
We support such programs as:
- Current resident of San Mateo County for at least one year (except MPHS employee)
- Minimum grade point average of 2.7 (based on a 4.0 scale)
- Enrolled in or accepted to a health care career program with completed prerequisites
- Applications will be accepted beginning March 15, 2016
- Applications must be received in the Auxiliary Office by May 15, 2016
- Funding is for the 2016-17 academic year
Applicants must fill out the application online, print and mail with all items listed below to the following address:
MPHS Auxiliary Scholarship Program
1501 Trousdale Drive, Room 5100
Burlingame, CA 94010
Only complete applications will be considered. Submit all items at the same time. Use the checklist below to ensure that all items are included:
- 2016-2017 Scholarship application with signed certification and a personal statement. Please include any hardship information or discrepancies between the application and other official documents, e.g. Tax Form 1040.
- Official transcripts from an accredited college/university for the last two years of college that you attended. Opened transcripts will not be accepted.
- Two letters of recommendation. Must be signed and on letterhead.
- 2015 Federal Tax Return (Form 1040: first two pages only)
- If self-supporting - applicant’s Form 1040
- If not self-supporting - parents/guardians/others Form 1040
- Mills-Peninsula Health Services employees: In addition, please include your most recent performance evaluation.
Leave a message with any questions regarding the application process at (650) 696-2465, Option 6 (MPHS Auxiliary Office).