Mills-Peninsula Auxiliary/Foundation Financial Aid Scholarship Program (2018-19)
The Mills-Peninsula Medical Center’s Auxiliary/Foundation Scholarship Program offers financial aid to students who have been accepted to or are enrolled in a healthcare career or healthcare support program. Scholarships range from $1,000 to $10,000. The number of scholarships awarded in any given year depends on the pool of applicants and the funds available to the Auxiliary Scholarship Committee.
The Scholarship Program supports such programs as:
Awards are based on the following criteria: past academic performance, leadership and participation in school and community activities, work experience, personal statement including career and educational aspirations and goals, and any unusual personal or family circumstances. Financial need will also be considered. Recipients must demonstrate financial need.
Funds are awarded for tuition, fees, and books only. Awards are not renewable; however, students may re-apply to the program each year they meet eligibility requirements. Recipients may only receive the award for a maximum of four years.
Awardees must advise the Scholarship Committee of any changes to their enrollment as it may impact the scholarship award. Applicants will be notified in July of their award status. This program is highly competitive and not all students applying for a scholarship will receive an award. All applicants agree to accept the decision as final.
All information received by the MPMC Scholarship Program is considered confidential. Decisions of the Scholarship Committee are final and are not subject to appeal. The selection process will not be influenced or affected by the actual or perceived ancestry, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability, medical condition, genetic information, national origin or other protected classification of/for any applicant.
Eligibility CriteriaTo apply, applicants must:
- be a current resident of San Mateo County for at least one year (except MPMC employees)
- have a minimum grade point average of 2.7 (based on a 4.0 scale)
- be enrolled in or accepted to a health care career program with completed prerequisites
- Applications will be accepted beginning March 15, 2018
- Applications must be received in the Auxiliary Office by May 15, 2018
- Funding is for the 2018-19 academic year
Applicants must fill out the application online, print it, and mail (or bring) it with all items listed below to the following address:
MPMC Auxiliary Scholarship Program
1501 Trousdale Drive, Room 5100
Burlingame, CA 94010 (If hand delivering, go to the Clinic Building, 5th floor, Room 5100)
Only complete applications will be considered. Submit all items at the same time. Use the checklist below to ensure that all items are included:
- 2018-2019 Scholarship application with signed certification.
- Personal statement, including career goals and aspirations. Please include any hardship information or discrepancies between the application and other official documents, such as Tax Form 1040. Discrepancies between stated income and expenses should be explained.
- Official transcripts from an accredited college/university for the last two years of college that you attended. Unofficial or online transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken.
- Two letters of recommendation. Must be signed and on letterhead, if applicable.
- Most recent Federal Tax Return (Form 1040: first two pages only). If self-supporting, applicant’s Form 1040. If not self-supporting, parent’s/guardian’s/other’s Form 1040.
- For Mills-Peninsula Health Services employees only: Include your most recent performance evaluation.