Benefits of the Varian TrueBeam STx System
How You Benefit:
The TrueBeam™ STx system from Varian Medical is a powerful noninvasive radiosurgery system that opens up treatment options for some of the most complex cancers in the brain and spine. TrueBeam STx technology was developed from its inception to deliver cancer treatments with pinpoint accuracy and precision.
It works by choreographing highly sophisticated systems-imaging, beam delivery and motion control. These allow your clinician to "see" the tumor they are about to treat and apply accurate and precise beams of radiation to kill cancer cells while compensating for your movement. TrueBeam STx is fast and powerful, with most treatments lasting only a few minutes.
The TrueBeam STx system at Mills-Peninsula's Dorthy E. Schneider Center is designed with your comfort in mind. You can be in constant contact with the therapist running the system, thanks to an enhanced communications system that enables constant interaction between you and the therapist. It's almost as if they are there in the treatment room with you. Music can be played during the treatment, which can help create a more soothing treatment environment.
Summary of Benefits:
- TrueBeam STx gives medical professionals the tools to treat more challenging cancers such as cancers of the brain
- TrueBeam STx is fast and precise. A complex radiosurgery treatment that typically takes 30 to 60 minutes can be completed in just 5 to 20 minutes
- With advanced imaging, the TrueBeam STx system allows clinicians to deliver treatment accurately by enabling them to "see" the tumor they treat and target tumors with submillimeter accuracy
- Enhanced motion-management tools synchronize beam delivery with the tumor motion that occurs as you breathe in and out
- TrueBeam STx was developed with an emphasis on your comfort.
TrueBeam STx radiosurgery is not appropriate for all cancers. Serious side effects, including fatigue and skin irritation, can occur. Treatment times may vary. Ask your doctor if TrueBeam STx treatment is right for you.