Student Learning Outcomes
Goal I: To graduate clinically competent entry-level radiographers
- The student will be clinically competent.
- The student will apply positioning skills.
- The student will practice radiation protection on patients, self and others.
- The student will select appropriate technical factors.
Goal II: To develop students who will demonstrate effective communication skills enabling them to interact efficiently with the entire healthcare team and the public.
- The student will professionally and effectively communicate with members of the healthcare team.
- The student will accurately obtain patient histories.
- The student will respond appropriately to requests from patients, physicians and staff.
Goal III: To develop the student’s critical thinking and problem solving skills to function as a competent and active member of the healthcare team.
- The student will demonstrate appropriate care and imaging techniques of the injured or critically ill patient.
- The student will be able to evaluate a radiograph for diagnostic quality.
- The student will be able to adjust technical factors due to non-routine situations or pathology.
- The student will be able to modify standard procedures based on non-routine situations.
Goal IV: To instill in the student the importance of professional values, continued education and professional development.
- The student will present in a professional manner.
- The student will tend to patients’ needs, listen without judgment and be aware of patients’ modesty.
- The student will understand the importance of continued professional growth.
Goal V: To provide the community with qualified, competent and compassionate imaging practitioners.
- Course completion rates
- Program retention rate
- ARRT Credentialing Exam Pass Rate
- Job status of recent graduates
- Employer survey
- Post-graduate survey