Mills-Peninsula's pulmonary rehabilitation program offers people with lung disease a lifesaving pathway back to active independence.
Our program includes individually tailored, medically supervised exercise and education to regain energy and endurance for managing daily tasks and enjoying activities with family and friends. Participants meet two days per week for two hours, for a total of eight weeks. Sessions include educational discussions and graduated exercise tailored to the individual.
Our educational program addresses subjects including:
- Activities of daily living
- Breathing retraining
- How lung disease progresses
- Physical conditioning with exercise
- All about medications
- The importance of good nutrition
- Why and how to quit smoking
- Stress management
- Obstructive pulmonary diseases Asthma, bronchiectasis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), cystic fibrosis, emphysema
- Restrictive pulmonary diseases
Collagen vascular lung disorders, interstitial fibrosis, kyphoscoliosis, pneumoconiosis, rheumatoid pulmonary disease, sarcoidosis
- Other lung conditions
Lung resection, lung transplantation, occupational and environmental lung diseases, pulmonary vascular disease
Doctor referral required.
Fee. Program meets Medicare requirements for reimbursement and is approved by most independent health insurance plans.
For more information about Mills-Peninsula's pulmonary rehabilitation program, call (650) 696-4212.
100 S. San Mateo Drive
San Mateo, CA 94401