Peninsula Circle of Care - Community, Patients & Physicians
Peninsula Circle of Care is made possible by
Mills-Peninsula Health Services.
What is Peninsula Circle of Care?
Peninsula Circle of Care (PCOC) is a service designed to help older adults who need extra support and coaching after leaving the hospital. The support we provide is respectful to concerns or worries that you may have in leaving the hospital and returning home. This service is offered at no cost to you.
PCOC is a unique partnership of patients, doctors and health care professionals, with support from several community organizations
What kind of support is available?
This service can help you:
- Identify your needs and find services to support you in recovery at home
- Achieve some of the things you would like to do
- Understand your symptoms
- Feel confident in knowing when and how to take your medicines
- Prepare for your doctor visit—including how to ask questions and share your concerns
- Start a personal health record—a tool to help you record and organize your health care information
- Provide ongoing support from a wellness coach
- Provide short-term meals, transportation to a doctor visit, or home care aid for those with limited resources
Who can participate?
Peninsula Circle of Care is primarily for San Mateo County residents, age 65 and older, who are patients of Mills-Peninsula Health Services. At the start, a PCOC team member will discuss the PCOC program with you and your specific needs. Your care team members will visit you in your home after you leave the hospital.
"Thank you so much for coming out to check on me. I was not sure how things would be after going home, but having the program’s help has really made me feel cared for."
"When I first got home, I needed some explanations about what I was feeling. Peninsula Circle of Care staff were a big help in helping me understand what was going on, getting oriented and feeling like myself again."
Mills-Peninsula is interested in your well-being and offers the PCOC program at no cost to you.
If you are interested in the program for yourself or your loved one, call (650) 240-8004.
Back to top