Peninsula Circle of Care - Community, Patients & Physicians
What is Peninsula Circle of Care?The Peninsula Circle of Care program supports older adults in their journey from leaving the hospital to achieving wellness at home, in harmony with their goals and preferences. This program is offered at no cost.
The program is a unique partnership of patients, physicians and health care professionals, with support from several community organizations.
How will Peninsula Circle of Care benefit me and my family?
Our goal is to provide a network of support that ensures you remain safe and secure at home and avoid returning unnecessarily to the hospital.
This program can help you:
- Reach your personal wellness goals
- Understand when and how to take your medications
- Understand your symptoms
- Manage your health
- Prepare for your doctor visit - including how to ask questions and share your concerns
- Start a personal health record - a tool to help you record and organize your health care information
- Get the community services you need. As appropriate, this may include:
- Short-term meal support
- Transportation to your first follow-up doctor visit
- Short-term services from a home care aide
- Ongoing support from a wellness coach
How does the program work?
Before you go home from the hospital, your care team will discuss the program with you and learn about your needs so we can understand how to best support you. After you leave the hospital, Peninsula Circle of Care team members will call to schedule a visit.
Who is eligible?
This program is for San Mateo County residents age 65 and older who are patients at Mills-Peninsula Medical Center.
This program is designed to help people who may need extra support upon leaving the hospital.
For more information, including referrals, please call us at 650-240-8004.
Peninsula Circle of Care is a partnership between:
- Our community
- Our patients
- Our physicians
Palo Alto Medical Foundation Mills-Peninsula Division
Mills-Peninsula Health Services
Peninsula Family Services
Peninsula Circle of Care is made possible by a generous donation from the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation and an anonymous donor.