Peninsula Circle of Care - Community, Patients & Physicians
Peninsula Circle of Care is made possible by
a generous donation from the Gordon and
Betty Moore Foundation and an anonymous
What is Peninsula Circle of Care?
This service is designed to help older adults who may need extra support upon leaving the hospital. This service is offered at no cost to you.
This is a unique partnership of patients, physicians and health care professionals, with support from several community organizations.
What kind of support is available?
Our goal is to provide a network of support that ensures you remain safe and secure at home and avoid returning unnecessarily to the hospital.
This service can help you:
- Identify your needs and find services that can best help you.
These may include:
- Home-delivered meals
- Transportation to your follow-up doctor visits
- Services from a home care aide
- Ongoing support from a wellness coach
- Reach your personal wellness goals
- Understand when and how to take your medicines
- Understand your symptoms
- Prepare for your doctor visit—including how to ask questions and share your concerns
- Start a personal health record—a tool to help you record and organize your health care information
Who is eligible?
Peninsula Circle of Care is for San Mateo County residents age 65
and older who are patients at Mills-Peninsula Medical Center.
Peninsula Circle of Care team members will discuss this service
with you and learn about your needs. Your care team will schedule
a home visit if you meet the eligibility requirements.
To find out if you are eligible, please call us at (650) 240-8004.