Your Team at the Advanced Joint Care & Replacement Center
Advanced Joint Care
& Replacement Center
Mills-Peninsula Medical Center
1501 Trousdale Drive
4th Floor East
Burlingame, CA 94010
Google Map to Medical Center
It takes a team to provide the best care. Our team includes expert surgeons, orthopedic-certified nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and a dedicated patient navigator to guide you through treatment. Our case manager will help you with discharge and ensure you have everything you require at home for successful recovery.
Physical and occupational therapy is your key to success after joint replacement surgery. Our therapists begin working with you the day of surgery and throughout your stay, helping you move and master daily activities such as dressing and showering.
During your stay, the center's full-time patient navigator makes sure you get all the care you need and all the answers to your questions. Your care is overseen by our hospitalist, a doctor specially trained to manage your medical needs while you're in our center. Most patients are well enough to leave our center in two days.
During your stay and occasionally after you go home, our dedicated nurse who tracks our outcomes for the California Joint Replacement Registry will check in with you to see how you’re doing.
Working together, our team creates a personalized care plan for each patient. We help you get ready for surgery weeks in advance. We work with you after surgery to help you recover quickly and well.
Our Joint Care & Replacement Surgeons
The following are the joint replacement surgeons at Mills-Peninsula. Follow any link to learn more about that doctor.
The Orthopedic Joint Center patient navigator is a liaison between you, staff and your family and loved ones to ensure you have the best experience possible.
Our patient navigator will:
- Serve as a continuous point of contact for you and your family and loved ones throughout your joint replacement experience
- Educate you and those assisting you on what to expect before, during and after your hospital stay
- Assist you with making informed decisions about your care by serving as your advocate and guide
- Help coordinate your clinical care to maximize great outcomes and a top-quality experience.
Jennifer Oddo, MSPT, is the Mills-Peninsula Patient Navigator of the Advanced Joint Care & Replacement Center. Her background includes:
- Bachelor of Science in Biology from the University of California, Los Angeles
- Master of Science in Physical Therapy from the University of California, San Francisco
- Have provided expert physical therapy care to thousands of patients primarily on Mills-Peninsula Medical Center's Orthopedic Unit for 15 years
- Work closely with all members of our team including surgeons, hospitalists, case mangers and nursing and rehabilitation staff