What to Expect in the Hospital
Advanced Joint Care
& Replacement Center
Mills-Peninsula Medical Center
1501 Trousdale Drive
4th Floor East
Burlingame, CA 94010
Google Map to Medical Center
- On the morning of your surgery, come directly to the Mills-Peninsula Medical Center patient registration desk two hours before your scheduled surgery time.
- Two family members may stay with you until you go to the operating room. They are welcome to wait in the surgery center waiting room during surgery. After surgery, the surgeon will meet family members in the lounge to discuss the operation.
- Just prior to your operation a surgical technician will wash your body with antibacterial soap.
- The anesthesiologist will introduce him/herself and answer any questions you may have.
- You will be in the operating room from two to four hours. This includes time for anesthesia, positioning, draping, surgery, placing bandages, waking you up and transferring you to the recovery room.