About Mills-Peninsula Weight Loss Program
The decision to have obesity surgery involves significant life changes. According to the American Society for Bariatric Surgery, long-term success depends not just on the surgical procedure, but also on availability of services that support you in making permanent changes in diet, fitness and emotional well-being.
That’s why Mills-Peninsula’s program provides not only surgery, but a complete package of services that focus professional expertise on helping you achieve the best long-term benefit – sustained weight loss for life. Our program includes expert nutrition counseling, a menu of fitness choices, behavioral health support and a monthly support group. About 75 percent of our patients achieve weight loss of 40-50 percent of their total pre-operative weight within 18-24 months after surgery.
Mills-Peninsula's program includes:
- The most advanced gastric bypass surgery available (known as Roux-en-Y).
- Individualized care coordination throughout the program by a registered nurse program specialist
- Nutrition counseling and education
- Monthly patient support groups, workshops and classes to support long-term success
- Personal exercise program developed by an exercise physiologist, including options such as aquatic exercise (additional fee)
- Individual psychological therapy, if needed