Hybrid Surgical Suite for Improved Patient Outcomes
Every year, Mills-Peninsula surgeons perform approximately 1,000 interventional procedures, many of which are endovascular surgeries. San Mateo’s continuing aging population and our well-trained physicians are the two primary factors that will continue to drive the demand for sophisticated endovascular procedures.
While our surgeons are able to offer many advantages to patients through endovascular surgeries performed in our catheterization labs, there is still room for better patient outcomes. With the acquisition of a hybrid surgical suite, patients will experience a shorter recovery period, less discomfort, local or regional anesthesia instead of general anesthesia, smaller incisions, less stress on the heart and fewer risks.
- The length of an endovascular procedure is reduced by at least 50 percent
- Multiple clinicians can diagnose and operate on a patient under a single anesthesia event
- Allows faster and more precise catheter navigation and 3D roadmapping
- Permits advanced cross-sectional imaging and head-to-toe coverage
- Low-dose radiation and ergonomic design of the system eliminate time-consuming and uncomfortable repositioning of the patient
- Physicians can move the equipment to almost any position around the patient
- The new technology features advanced X-ray detectors that provide the sharpest and clearest high-resolution images
- The system can be parked in a variety of compact positions to make the most efficient use of available space
- The versatile suite can be used by radiologists, neurologists, neurosurgeons, cardiologists, and vascular surgeons
Hybrid Surgical Suite
A hybrid surgical suite delivers the enhanced ability to efficiently perform both minimally invasive procedures and open surgery with the imaging support and surgical tools that the surgeon and surgical team require. The cutting-edge suite allows physicians to address patient needs quickly, eliminating the need to schedule additional surgical procedures.
The most advanced imaging systems available provide quick and detailed information for shorter, more accurate treatment with substantially less X-ray exposure compared to traditional devices. Complex cases are more easily treated since the suite is designed to handle both minimally invasive, hybrid operations and open surgical procedures.
To find out more about how you can support this project, please contact John Loder, president of Mills-Peninsula Hospital Foundation, at email@example.com or 650-696-5958.
Make a donation to the Hybrid Surgical Suite Fund