Heart & Vascular Institute & Services
Developing a world class cardiovascular program is an essential component of achieving Mills-Peninsula’s vision for a healthier community. Heart disease is the leading cause of death in San Mateo County, accounting for one in four deaths. As we develop new treatments to help patients live longer we also want to provide transparency for patients to know the outcomes physicians receive as well as what those results mean. Sutter Health, the nonprofit partner with Mills-Peninsula, will also be matching the first $400,000 of your generous gifts, thereby doubling the impact of your generosity.
Mills-Peninsula offers the best medical care in San Mateo County and beyond, including a variety of diagnostic, treatment, surgical and preventive disease service:
- Latest non-invasive diagnostic imaging
- Cardiac catheterization — Ranked as one of two top catheterization laboratories in California for outcomes in treatment of acute coronary events
- Telemanagement program to assist in treatment of heart disease
- Most advanced technologies for treatment of heart arrhythmias
- Cardiac and thoracic surgery
- Cardiac rehabilitation and vascular improvement program
- Stereotaxis — state-of-the-art magnetic guided catheter technology that increases precision and safety during interventional procedures such as catheter ablation to treat arrhythmia
- 24-hour team ready for all cardiac emergencies (achieved by only 30 percent of U.S. hospitals)
- Critical care ranked among top 5 percent in the United States by HealthGrades for three years in a row
- Navigators to guide patients and families through their care
- Physicians located together for interaction, coordination and patient ease
To find out more about the proposed Heart and Vascular Institute and our cardiovascular outcomes research and ways in which you can support these initiatives, please contact John Loder, president of Mills-Peninsula Hospital Foundation, at email@example.com or 650-696-5958 or Lauri Medeiros, Regional Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 650-696-7857.
Make a donation to the Heart and Vascular Institute