The Sutter Health Biobank initiative will link together blood sample data (DNA, RNA, lipids and proteins) and electronic health record data (such as blood pressure and weight) from consenting patients, which will enable researchers to better understand how people develop diseases over time. This first in the nation Biobank will allow scientists to study diverse populations across more than 100 communities in Northern California, including people from various genetic and cultural backgrounds. Research findings from the Sutter Health Biobank will not only benefit our patients, but patients all over the world leading through the possibility to develop more personalized treatments and improved health care.
Research findings from the Sutter Health Biobank will not only benefit our patients, but patients all over the world through:
- Helping to find cures to common diseases, like heart disease and cancer, which account for nearly half of all deaths for both men and women in the U.S.
- Offering patients early and more effective disease prevention, detection and treatment.
- More data points for researchers to better understand disease progression.
- Accelerating the pace of research and lower its overall cost while discovering new medical therapies.
- Reduction in the burden on patients who want to contribute to medical research by including their data in the Biobank.
To find out more about the Sutter Health Biobank and ways in which you can support it, please contact Lauri Medeiros, Regional Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations, at email@example.com or 650-696-7857.
Make a donation to the Sutter Health Biobank