Emergency Services | ER
Mills-Peninsula Medical Center
1501 Trousdale Drive
Burlingame, CA 94010
Google Map to Mills-Peninsula Medical Center
If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, dial 911.
Emergency physicians Alan Brody, M.D., and Chris White, M.D., take you on a tour of the new Emergency Department at the Mills-Peninsula Medical Center.
Mills-Peninsula emergency physicians Dan Guenin, M.D., and Karin Molander, M.D., share tips on what you can do to prepare for a medical emergency and trip to the Emergency Department.
Emergency Room Highlights
Mills-Peninsula serves as the major receiving hospital for most emergencies on the Peninsula and is the official destination for emergencies at the San Francisco International Airport. On an average day, our award-winning Emergency Department team treats more than 115 patients, administering critical care for stroke, heart attack, car accidents, sports injuries, poisoning - or any medical or psychiatric emergency.
The new Mills-Peninsula Medical Center Emergency Department accommodates an expanded capacity of 42 percent to eventually accommodate 50,000 visits annually.
- Negative air pressure rooms to protect against the spread of infection
- State-of-the-art cardiac monitors at every bed
- 23 private rooms, including six rooms reserved for psychiatric emergencies
- New gurneys and ceiling lifts in every room for patient safety and to expedite patient transportation and care
- A new entry area to speed medical evaluations
- Additional triage rooms and adjoining operating rooms and imaging services
- Tranquil waiting areas and a children's play area that incorporate sound absorbent materials