Oncology Rehabilitation & Physical Therapy
At the Dorothy E. Schneider Cancer Center, we offer rehabilitation services to help you throughout all phases of cancer treatment. Our therapies include occupational therapy, speech therapy and physical therapy, with a focus on recovering function and improving your quality of life. Our rehab services are available from treatment through recovery with a doctor’s referral.
Rehabilitation and physical therapy during and after cancer treatment can help reduce fatigue, lower your risk of complications, boost your immune system and speed your functional recovery. It can also help rebuild muscle strength, improve your flexibility and improve sleep. Even a small amount of exercise can help you reduce side effects, lower your anxiety, and increase your sense of control.
Assessing Your Cancer Rehab Needs
Your cancer care rehabilitation therapist can help you assess and improve:
- Speech problems as a result of treatment
- Weakness from treatment or muscle atrophy
- Limited flexibility and range of motion
- Fatigue and decreased endurance
- Pain management
- Impaired balance
- Decreased cardiovascular fitness
- Scar tissue after surgery
- Osteoporosis or osteopenia as a result of treatment
- Peripheral neuropathy – numbness and tingling