During a serious illness such as cancer, people are often concerned about finances. Depending on your treatment, you may want to take time off work. You may need personal assistance. Our qualified financial counselors provide the information and resources you need to manage your finances so you can concentrate on your cancer treatment and recovery.
Our financial counselors provide:
- Estimates for future treatments, co-pays and deductibles based on diagnosis and chosen treatments
- Help with questions about medical bills and payment history
- Guidance on health insurance benefits and obligations
- Help completing paperwork for patient assistance programs
- Advice through the appeals process if your insurer denies coverage
- Aid to the business office in resolving claims issues
- Help finding financial assistance if you are uninsured
If your illness affects your ability to work, you may need to file for State Disability Insurance, Supplemental Security Income, Medi-Cal or Medicare. Our financial counselor can help you determine where and how to apply for these programs.