Patient Checklist - What You Will Need for Admission and Discharge
Preparing for Delivery – What to Bring From Home
- Photo ID
- Insurance information
- Credit card for spouse/significant other (so he or she may purchase food trays)
- Name, address and phone number of the pediatrician you have chosen to care for your baby after discharge
- Your own breastfeeding pillow, if you have one
- Nursing bra
- Waterproof flip flops
- Name and city of the pharmacy you use for prescription medications, as your doctor may prescribe medications at discharge
What to Bring for the Baby
- Bring the names you have chosen for your infant, as you will be asked shortly after delivery to complete the birth certificate application.
- Outfit, t-shirt, and blanket for going home
- Car seat – Please have it correctly installed in your car prior to delivering. Leave it in your car when you come to the hospital to be admitted. Our staff is not certified to install or check car seats.
How to Prepare for Discharge
Please check in with your nurse on the morning of discharge to discuss any remaining questions or concerns. You will be discharged in a wheelchair holding your infant in your arms.
Our discharge time is 11 AM. Occasionally, issues arise that require adjustments in this time.
If you need medications at home, the prescription from your doctor will be transmitted electronically to the pharmacy you designated upon admission.