Elderly Mental Health Services (Seniors)
Whatever your age – we’re here to help you! We offer programs tailored to the unique needs of older adults who are struggling with mental health problems such as anxiety, depression and alcohol and drug dependency. Our superior treatment options include a range of outpatient programs and a Transitions After Care therapy group to ensure you can enjoy life again and return to activities that give you pleasure. We can help you overcome issues including:
- Mental health issues related to difficulty in coping with loss of a spouse or your job, retirement, reduced income and status, isolation and medical problems
- Addiction to drugs, alcohol and prescription medications
- Both psychiatric/mental health and substance abuse problems (dual diagnosis)
Outpatient Mental Health Program
This treatment option is specifically designed with the older person in mind. Our caring and highly qualified staff will help you overcome symptoms of depression, anxiety and mental health issues due to from the loss of your spouse or your job, retirement, reduced income and status, isolation or any medical issues.
This program serves both patients transitioning from inpatient care and those who prefer an outpatient treatment option. Participants attend two to four days per week for four hours and lunch is provided.
Mental Health and Substance Addiction (Dual Diagnosis) Program
This proven program is uniquely suited to older adults who are experiencing both mental health issues such as depression and anxiety as well as substance abuse problems. Participants attend two to four days per week for four hours.
Transitions After Care Therapy Group
This weekly, one-hour group provides the valuable support you may need in coping with the challenges of aging, including changing roles and responsibilities, physical limitations, loneliness, depression, alcohol or drug abuse or the loss of a loved one.
This valuable group therapy session is the perfect addition to individual psychotherapy sessions and an excellent, stable transition from our outpatient mental health program.
Important program features include:
- Compassionate care is provided in the healing environment of our beautiful recently remodeled and expanded facility at Mills Health Center
- Individualized assessment and treatment plans
- Stress reduction training
- Psychotherapy groups led by experienced professionals
- Educational groups that cover topics such as coping with aging, effects of drugs and alcohol, coping with depression and assertiveness training
- Referral to Redi-Wheels for disabled transportation support, if eligible
- Bag lunch provided
- Family education and support
- Most services are eligible for Medicare or Medicare HMO insurance coverage
Back to top
Psychiatric Emergency Services:
Routine Assessments: 650-696-4666