Mental Health Services for Adults
Mental Health Services for Adults in San Mateo and San Francisco Counties
If you are suffering from mental health or substance abuse problems including depression, thoughts of suicide, drug or alcohol dependency or an eating disorder, we are here to help you. Our qualified and compassionate staff will guide you on the road to recovery and offer proven solutions for a return to a normal, active life. We offer superior hospital-based and outpatient programs for adults with the following mental health issues:
- Suicidal or homicidal thoughts
- Psychotic symptoms
- Drug or alcohol abuse
- Eating disorders
- Both mental health and substance abuse problems (dual diagnosis)
Inpatient (Hospital-Based) Mental Health Program
Whether you are suffering from depression, thoughts or suicide, substance dependency or an eating disorder, our program goal is to help you advance to the least intensive level of care and the road to recovery. Our inpatient program is offered in a secure wing of the new Mills-Peninsula Medical Center with common dining and day activity rooms. As socializing with other people who are going through the same health issues as you is an important part of the treatment, most of our rooms accommodate two patients. The program includes both individual and group treatment.
Partial Hospital-Based Mental Health Program
This superior program is designed for patients who are transitioning from the inpatient program and who are experiencing moderate to severe psychiatric symptoms. Patients participate in structured treatment for one to six weeks, five days a week, returning home each night.
Outpatient Mental Health Program
This quality program is tailored to help patients with moderate psychiatric symptoms. For your convenience, services are scheduled to fit in with your regular activities.
Key Program Features:
- Treatment takes place in the healing environment of the beautiful, newly renovated and expanded facilities at Mills Health Center
- Assessment and treatment by experienced, compassionate therapists
- Individualized treatment and discharge planning
- Life management and stress reduction education
- Assistance with reintegrating into the community, your job and family life
- Flexible scheduling to accommodate individual needs
- Family treatment
- Referral to 12-step support groups and other community services
Back to top
Psychiatric Emergency Services: 650-696-5915
Join the Conversation...