Personalized Mental Health
Services for Seniors
Mills-Peninsula offers specialized and compassionate care for seniors who are struggling with depression or other mental health issues.
Our mental health services for seniors include intensive outpatient therapy to help you overcome mental health issues and/or substance abuse problems, as well as Transitions After Care group therapy to help you cope with the challenges of aging and return to the activities you enjoy.
We can help you overcome issues, including:
- Mental health issues related to difficulty in coping with loss of a spouse or your job, retirement, reduced income, isolation, and medical problems
- Addiction to drugs, alcohol, and prescription medications
- Both psychiatric/mental health and substance abuse problems (dual diagnosis)
Our Mental Health Services
for Seniors include:
Intensive Outpatient Mental Health Care
This treatment program is specifically designed with the older person in mind.
Our caring and highly qualified staff will help you overcome symptoms of depression, anxiety and mental health issues due to the loss of your spouse, job loss or retirement, reduced income and status, isolation, medical issues, changes in your living situation or family conflict.
The program can provide an alternative to, or transition from, inpatient care. Attendance is two to four days a week, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., and lunch is provided.
Dual Diagnosis Program for Mental Health
and Substance Abuse
This proven mental health care program is uniquely suited to older adults who are experiencing both mental health issues such as depression and anxiety, as well as alcohol or drug problems, including addiction to prescription medicine. The staff has a special understanding of older adults whose drinking has become a problem.
Attendance is two to four days per week, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., and lunch is provided.
Transitions After Care Therapy Group
This weekly, one-hour group provides the valuable support you may need in coping with the challenges of aging, including changing roles and responsibilities, physical limitations, loneliness, depression, alcohol or drug abuse or the loss of a loved one.
This valuable group therapy session is the perfect addition to individual psychotherapy sessions and an excellent, stable transition from our outpatient mental health services program. Attendance is one hour a week.
Important features of our Mental Health Services include:
- Compassionate care provided in the healing environment at Mills Health Center
- Individualized assessment and treatment plans
- Stress reduction training
- Psychotherapy groups led by experienced professionals
- Educational groups that cover topics such as coping with aging, effects of drugs and alcohol, coping with depression and assertiveness training
- Referral to Redi-Wheels for disabled transportation support, if eligible
- Bag lunch provided
- Family education and support
- Dual diagnosis treatment for seniors with mental health problems and chemical dependency issues
- Most services are eligible for Medicare coverage or Medicare HMO insurance coverage
Contact Us:To Schedule an Appointment:
8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Mills Health Center
100 S. San Mateo Drive
San Mateo, CA 94401
Google Map to Mills Health Center
For Psychiatric Emergency Services:
Mills-Peninsula Medical Center
1501 Trousdale Drive
Burlingame, CA 94010
Google Map to Medical Center