Legal and Financial Counseling
Assist U is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by phone.
Our toll-free number is (800) 750-5595.
To provide you and your eligible family members with legal referrals to top rated attorneys and financial professionals in your area when needs arise.
How to use the plan
To utilize any of these services, please call Assist U at (800) 750-5595. To view the website content, please visit www.clcmembers.com and enter username: assist U and password: legal.
Description of Benefits
- Each member is entitled to a thirty-minute office or telephone consultation on a legal matter at no cost with a network attorney. In the event that you wish to retain a participating attorney after the initial consultation, you will be provided with a preferred rate reduction of 25% from the attorney’s normal hourly rate. Virtually all types of legal matters are eligible for these services.
- Each member is entitled to a no cost telephone consultation with a financial counselor. Typical matters include credit counseling, debt and budgeting assistance, tax planning, retirement and college planning questions. These services are provided by seasoned financial professionals and licensed CPA’s. Telephone consultations are generally limited to between thirty and sixty minutes per issue. If you retain the services of a CPA after the initial consultation, you will be provided with a preferred rate reduction of 25% from the normal fees. Local referrals are available for more complex financial planning issues.
- Each member is entitled to a thirty-minute office or telephone consultation on a legal matter at no cost with a network mediator. In the event that the member wishes to retain a participating mediator after the initial consultation, they will be provided with a preferred rate reduction of 25% from the mediator’s normal hourly rate. Typical matters may include divorce & child custody, contractual & consumer disputes, real estate & landlord tenant, car accidents & insurance disputes, etc.
- Each member shall be provided with unlimited access to the Website with information on more than 1,000 legal and financial topics and over 1,200 legal and financial forms for our members’ use.
Examples of the types of matters for which you may use this program include:
- Civil/Consumer Issues
- Personal/Family Legal Services
- Debt Management and Budgeting
- Business Legal Services
- Real Estate
- Criminal Matters
- IRS Matter
- Estate Planning Law
- Financial services
- Tax Preparation and Consultation Component
Matters involving disputes or actions between members and their employer, CLC or its plan sponsors, agents or their officers, directors or employees are specifically excluded from eligibility of this plan.
Confidential, free short-term assessment and problem solving sessions are provided to the covered employee, spouse or partner and dependent children (either face-to-face or by phone). Assist U can also provide resource and referral services to those in need.
Back to top